Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Divide & Conquer...

James had the opportunity to take a dirt bike to a neighboring town with Sean (one of the Staff from KCC - he's from our Church in White Rock). The purpose of the trip was to document the severity of their water supply problem. Sean had been into the town earlier in the week ...only to find that their Borehole is not functioning and the community is currently collecting their water from an extremely polluted water source a few meters away. The water had a thick green sludgy film on top. Sean is hopeful that he will be able to resource enough money to fund a project to get the Borehole repaired for this Community.

James enjoyed the opportunity to ride the dirt roads of Kibaale on a BodaBoda.

A few days before we left for Uganda, I received an email requesting that I prepare to talk to the Grade 6-7 Girls about Abstinence. This sent me into a small panic as speaking in groups is not something I'm comfortable with (actually, I hate it!!). ...I was nervous enuff about leading Devotions to the classes (which Shan always assured me was "Simple!...Joel can do it!" - great!). Anyways, I agreed to try my best and I prayed a lot for peace about this. ...As it turned out, I was supposed to give this talk in the first 1-2 days that we were there but ended up not giving the talk (I can honestly say that I was relieved!). ...I thought I was off the hook just for having been willing :0) NICE TRY! The day before we left Uganda, the Grade 6-7 girls were separated from the boys and we met out on the grass under a big tree and had our discussion about abstinence. I was happy to have Shannon at my side for support. It went well. I felt much more peaceful than I thought I would. I have no idea if it impacted anyone... I guess that's like so many things that we'll never know how things end - but the Teachers were very appreciative and thought that it was a good talk. ...who knows!





No comments:

Post a Comment